DaimlerChrysler will have a hybrid option on all cars? ~ Hybrid Car Review
Hybrid Car Review: DaimlerChrysler will have a hybrid option on all cars?

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

DaimlerChrysler will have a hybrid option on all cars?

According to Motor Authority » All DaimlerChrysler cars will come with hybrid option, which is a pretty tall order. Ford once made the same promise, but backed off on it. Toyota looks like they are going about making this happen, although they are doing it with full hybrid technology. I wonder which way DCX will go?

DaimlerChrysler is looking to create the mild hybrid option on all cars. Mild hybrids have basic start-stop, regenerative breaking and their electric motors can assist the gas engine, but cannot power the car by itself. This gives the car higher fuel economy at less cost.

GM has mild hybrid technology in the Saturn Vue Green Line, but is switching to the two-mode hybrid system next year. BMW and DaimlerChrysler co-operated in developing the dual-mode system, and will have their own full hybrids on the road in the next couple of years.

There doesn't seem to be any timeline attached to the hybrid option on all DCX cars.

Get Four Free Price Quotes From Yahoo! Autos Hybrid Research and Pricing at Edmunds.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there my name is Adam and I own a blog called usa car auction which can be found at http://usacarauction.blogspot.com/ and I was wondering if you might be interested in a link exchange with me.

I am just about to add your link to my blog, let me know if you are willing to link back to me.

P.S. If you are willing to link back to me can I please ask for you to place the words "usa car auction" in the anchor text.

Thank You.

Post a Comment

Comments posted on Hybrid Car Review will be moderated. Please avoid dropping links just for the sake of links. The comment will be deleted shortly after. Keep comments on topic and non-abusive. Thanks!

Automotive Parts

E-Bay Motors

 

  © Link to Privacy Policy

Back to TOP