Why buy a hybrid? ~ Hybrid Car Review
Hybrid Car Review: Why buy a hybrid?

Monday, March 13, 2006

Why buy a hybrid?

The Mercury News out of San Jose, CA ran an article today about why people have bought hybrids.

Some of the answers are enlightening, but a majority of them are related to the environment: "It was the right thing to do. It helps the environment and also reduces our dependency on oil, a depleting resource."

Some answers were more practical : "I just got my carpool stickers for my Prius and boy is it nice. Cut my evening commute from 50 to 25 minutes."

And some were looking to save money: "I estimate my gas savings to be $1,900 a year. That's money in my pocket, like getting a raise." and "The hybrid was not attractive until the $3,000 tax benefit came into play"

And others are just looking to send a message: "We bought a Ford Escape hybrid because it has SUV utility with better mileage and fewer emissions and to send a message to U.S. car makers that there is a market for innovation, even if it costs more. I don't get why U.S. car makers think we still want these bloated, boring, rolling living rooms for cars."

Hybrid critics will have their say on Tuesday.

Get Four Free Price Quotes From Yahoo! Autos Hybrid Research and Pricing at Edmunds.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted on Hybrid Car Review will be moderated. Please avoid dropping links just for the sake of links. The comment will be deleted shortly after. Keep comments on topic and non-abusive. Thanks!

Automotive Parts

E-Bay Motors

 

  © Link to Privacy Policy

Back to TOP