Saturn announced they will be unveiling the 2008 Saturn Vue Green Line Hybrid and Vue Red Line at the Chicago Auto Show.
The 2008 Hybrid Vue will be very similar to the 2007 Saturn Vue hybrid, as they both have the Belt Alternator System (BAS). The system consists of a 2.4L four-cylinder engine connected to a electric motor/generator. The electric motor assists the gas engine by providing extra power in acceleration, turning off the gas engine when the vehicle is stopped and in deceleration. Power for the electric motor/generator is provided through regenerative braking and by the gas engine.
In the far-future plans category, the Vue hybrid will include a plug-in version by 2010-2012, but the 2009(?) version available in the third quarter of 2008 will come with the new two-mode (dual-mode) hybrid system which GM estimates will improve the fuel economy by 45%.
Standard Equipment in the 2008 Vue:
- MacPherson strut independent front suspension with stabilizer bar
- Independent multi-link rear suspension with stabilizer bar
- Double-isolated engine cradle \
- Four-wheel disc brakes with ABS
- GM StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing system
- Traction control
- Hydraulically assisted power steering on V-6 models
- Dual-stage frontal air bags, front-seat side thorax air bags and head curtain air bags covering front and rear rows
- Front-row safety belt pretensioners
- Collapsible pedals
- Active head restraints
- * OnStar with one year Safe & Sound service