Although it may be unnecessary to point out, Honda wants you to know their cars are fuel efficient. In fact, almost every car they build qualifies for the new Cash for Clunkers program (to buy, not trade-in).
"You don't really need a complicated chart to find a fuel-efficient vehicle at a Honda dealer," said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "We hope that this program will help consumers make the move into vehicles that are easier on both their wallets and the environment."
Honda cars that have a combined EPA fuel-economy rating of 22 MPG or more and may be eligible for payments under this program include:
- 2009 Fit - All models
- 2010 Insight - All models
- 2009 Civic - All models
- 2009 Accord - All models except V6 Coupe with manual transmission
- 2009 CR-V - All models
- 2009 Element - All models
- 2009 - 2010 Pilot - All models including 2WD and 4WD
- 2009 - 2010 Odyssey - All models
- 2009 Ridgeline - All models