The 2011 BMW ActiveHybrid 7 series MSRP has been set at $103,125, which puts it in the competitive range with other luxury hybrids. The difference, as BMW points out, is this will be the most powerful hybrid luxury sedan out there.
If you're interested in the long wheelbase, the ActiveHybrid 7L will run you $107,025. Both numbers include the destination and handling charges.
The models will arrive in showrooms in spring of 2011.
The BMW ActiveHybrid 7 Sedans feature BMW’s 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission and hybrid electric motor. The auto stop-start feature improves efficiency without interrupted climate control and other features. Additional standard equipment includes 19-inch wheels and tires, Alcantara headliner, leather dashboard and ventilated active front seats. The Premium Sound System, Head-up Display and Rear View Camera are also standard on the ActiveHybrid 7 as are Comfort Access, Soft-close doors and Automatic trunkgate closing.
Options and packages include a Camera Package, Driver Assistance Package, BMW Night Vision and Rear Seat Entertainment Package. A Luxury Rear Seating Package is available on the ActiveHybrid 7L. A full list of options to tailor the BMW ActiveHybrid 7 to individual tastes is listed below.
2011 BMW ActiveHybrid 7 packages and optional equipment:
- Camera Package $350
- Side view cameras
- Cold Weather Package $800
- Heated steering wheel & rear seats
- Driver Assistance Package $1,350
- Automatic high beams, lane departure warning, active blind spot detection
- Rear Seat Entertainment Package $2,200
- Multimedia player and two 8-inch screens
- Luxury Rear Seating Package (750Li only) $3,700
- Rear ventilated, massaging Comfort Seats
- BMW Night Vision $2,600
- 20-inch wheels $1,300
- Power Rear Sunshades $1,000
- Ceramic controls $650
- 6-disc DVD-changer $600
- iPod/USB-Adapter $400
- Satellite radio $350
- Smartphone integration $150