The Ford Fusion Hybrid has won another award to place on its mantle. From the moment it was debuted to now, the Fusion has been impressing judges across the globe. The latest award caps off what has to be one of the best years Ford has seen for award shows.
Other awards for the Fusion Hybrid over the past year include:
- MOTOR TREND Car of the Year Award
- One of CAR and DRIVER Magazine's "10Best" Cars for 2010
- One of AUTOMOBILE Magazine's 2010 All-Stars
- 2009 "Top Safety Pick" rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- 2009 Ward's Interior of the Year Special Achievement Award for Best Graphic Display for SmartGauge with EcoGuide digital instrument cluster
- Great Car for the Long-haul Salesman by Kelley Blue Book kbb.com
- One of America's Top 40 New Cars by MOTOR TREND magazine
- Rated the No. 1 Hybrid Family Sedan by CAR and DRIVER in a recent comparison test by the magazine
- 2009 and 2010 Editors Choice for Fuel Sipper by CAR and DRIVER Magazine
- Best Hybrid for the Money in the Midsize Car segment by cars.com
- One of 2009 Top 10 Green Cars by Kelley Blue Book kbb.com
- The Detroit News Readers' Choice Award for "Best Value"
- 2010 Consumers Digest Best Buy
- Detroit Free Press 2010 Car of the Year
- 2010 Most Environmentally Progressive Car of the Year by Earth, Wind & Power
- 10 Best Engine by Ward's Auto World
The all-new Fusion Hybrid arrived in dealers in March, complete with a powertrain system that combines the best attributes of the gasoline engine and electric battery-driven motors to deliver the optimal experience for the customer in terms of driving performance and fuel economy. The Fusion Hybrid also offers drivers a way to be more connected to the hybrid driving experience thanks to Ford's SmartGauge(TM) with EcoGuide, a unique instrument cluster execution that helps coach them on how to optimize the performance of their hybrid.
Other class-exclusive technologies and features that set the Fusion Hybrid apart from the competition include Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®), Ford SYNC®, SIRIUS Travel Link(TM) and more total passenger and luggage capacity than the Toyota Camry.
Despite the slump in overall industry sales, 2009 was a record-breaking year for the Ford Fusion. Sales are at an all-time high, with the Fusion Hybrid accounting for almost 20 percent of total Fusion retail sales. Perhaps even more significant, more than 60 percent of Fusion Hybrid sales have been to customers coming from import brands - mostly Toyota and Honda.